I actually was one of those who really thought that somehow writers know what they doing and that they’ve done all that foreshadowing and dialogs in the previous seasons and this season for a reason. Silly me!
The most funny part is that I’m not even mad. This finale was so bad and ridiculous that I can’t even get angry. I’m just confused and astonished by how badly the episode was written. And it’s not because they ruined dair once and for all.
THAT’S NOT THE EFFING POINT
The point is that this was just a complete disgrace professionally speaking. I can’t imagine how these people still can call themselves writers after this.
1) Don’t tell, but freaking show me the story. Chuck made Blair happy? Chuck fought for her all season? Chuck always put her first? I NEVER seen that happening on my screen. So excuse me for for not believing in your plot. And you know who actually have done all this things? Dan Humphrey! But who cares, right?
2) Do not retcon storylines. This is like the definition of lazy writing. When you can’t prove a point with the facts and history that are given you should just erase the history. That’s so simple! So basically last year and a half was just a lie. Great job! Standing ovation.
3) Do not assassinate characters to make someone rootable. It speaks a lot about a couple when in order to get them together you have to paint in mud half of the characters and the show itself. It’s actually kinda funny that NO ONE except Nate, Ivy/Lola and Dorota came out of this mess clean. Chuck and Blair looked just heartless and selfish (yeah, definitely a match made in haven). Dan screwed up big time (but I still feel for him, he never deserved this treatment). Serena ended up looking like a cheap whore (it’s actually sad what they’ve done to her).
4) Don’t write a couple like a freaking endgame for the last two years if you’re planning to destroy it as brutally, as they’ve destroyed dair. Enough said. At this point this is just clinical.
5) If you break up a couple, at least have dignity to give it a decent break up scene. That’s the least you can do for the fans you were stringing along for years. But to respect fans writers have to first respect themselves, and judjing by this finale they really don’t.
6) Don’t pander to rapid and vocal fanbase. I’m sorry but my 10 year old brother could write a better episode than the last one. I’ve never ever seen more biased storytelling. It was like Chuckistans wet dream.
7) Don’t be Gossip Girl writers. That the most important point. GG writer is like a diagnose nowadays.
It would be much more honest for them to just rename their show to Chairytale. Then they would be able to write any offensive Chair fanfic they want. In that world abuse would be romantic and good guys like Dan would always finish last after being perfect all season long. But please, FREAKING PLEASE don’t try to insult viewers intelligence and still call in a quality TV drama. What a travesty!
P.S. I really don’t think that we should blame Sara Goodman or even Josh Safran for this mess. They were just puppets. Judging by post-episode interviews it is Stefany Savage who really runs the ball. Aka woman, who called Chuck the “kissing bandit” after his two attempted rapes, aka ultimate Chuckistan. She even wanted Blair to be pregnant with Chuck’s baby this season. I wouldn’t be really surprised if it turns out that she’s in fact running the infamous Chairfactory. So congrats on perfect storytelling, but I really would recommend them to change a profession for the sake of the TV history itself. And lol at me for actually thinking that this time would be different when I always knew that this show kills all the good things.